UIM 4F Ultrasonic Meters
The UIM-4F has four paths as standard It has been tested to meet the international standards for custody transfer metering including AGA-9 and OIML R137 (class 0.5).
Integration of the flow across the paths provides accurate measurement even with varying flow profiles caused by changes in flow velocity, gas composition and pressure or upstream pipe configuration.
Fast response is maintained by the simultaneous transmission on more than one path using Broadband Continuous Wave processing.
The measured flow profile provides a diagnostic tool. Should one path fail, the Path Substitution Algorithm uses historical flow data to continue reliable flow measurements until the path recovers.
- Custody transfer metering of natural gas and other gases
- Allocation metering
- Highly accurate four path custody transfer flowmeter
- OIML R137 (class 0.5) certified
- Meets AGA-9 recommendation
- MID 2014/32/EU approved
- Available in sizes from 3″ and larger and flange ratings up to 900#
- Retraction tool available for removal and replacement of transducers under pressure
- Patented Broadband Continuous Wave technology
- Extremely low power operation
- Simultaneous transmission on two or more paths means very fast response
- Fully Intrinsically safe suitable for Zone 0
- Extensive diagnostic information using TIMCare™ software
- Rugged, highly efficient all metal transducers
- Extensive range of versatile I/O including optional pressure and temperature sensors for PTZ conversion
- RS485 Modbus communication
- Local graphic display keypad
UIM 4F Duo Ultrasonic Meters
The UIM-4F Duo consists of two fully independent systems. The main measurement is done by the UIM-4F four path part.
The three path system provides a secondary measurement and uses enhanced diagnostics to enable the user to perform condition-based maintenance. In addition, the UIM-4F Duo provides a wealth of information on the condition of the complete metering system.
Traditional setups utilise a secondary measurement with single or dual paths, usually resulting in an overly sensitive system causing false indications of potential application problems such as fouling, flow conditioner blockages etc. By using a three path secondary measurement, which is less sensitive to slight profile changes, the UIM-4F Duo provides the diagnostics needed to detect potential issues.
The UIM-4F Duo path layouts are significantly different as the paths are oriented at different chord locations. Therefore, common mode errors are not present as both meters respond differently to profile